Stretch Mark Removal
Get Admiring Glances in Your Bikini When Next on Holiday? Look Younger Than You Actually Are? Wear That Amazing Revelaing Dress That's Been Stuck in the Wardrobe For Years AGAIN? Feel Great Naked?
We are a specialist skin clinic focusing on the removal of stretch marks in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Manchester and Southampton. The treatment itself is a form of collagen induction therapy; this is where a series of needles penetrate the skin causing thousands of micro injuries at a perpendicular angle using a specialist medical device, for both faster and more precise needle penetration. The benefit of a perpendicular treatment over angled needles, means less trauma to the skin, promoting faster healing times and shorter down times. We can treat nearly all parts of the body for stretch marks however aware that stomach, legs and the breasts are the most common.
Where this treatment excels is you don’t need a week to recover you are able to resume normal activities the same day, plus with stretch marks the areas treated are typically covered in day to day life so no one will even know you had stretch mark removal treatment that day! It gets even better as well, it doesn’t hurt due to the very effective topical anaesthetic we apply prior to all treatments.
The treatment time depends on the size of the stretch mark to be treated and take up to 90 minutes from start to finish for a large area such as removing pregnancy related stretch marks. All clients have a full review of their medical history prior to undergoing any treatments to check for suitability. The treatment involves:
- Cleansing the skin.
- Applying a topical anaesthetic for 30 minutes
- Removing the anaesthetic and sterilising the skin.
- Applying the specialist machine over the area to be treated.
- Applying a soothing cream
- Applying sunblock SPF 50+
After all of the above we will then provide you with our specialist after care instructions and advise on take home skin care products.
- Is it safe?– Yes, before all treatments we conduct a thorough assessment and review of your medical history. If we feel you are at high risk of any side effects that could occur during or after the treatment, don’t worry, as we will let you know beforehand.
- Does it hurt?– No, we use topical anaesthetics that are very effective when applied for the correct length of time.
- How long does it take?– You will need to allocate around 90 minutes to allow time for both the topical anaesthetic and the treatment itself. You will be given a good indication of time your treatment will take during your consultation.
- How much does it cost?– From £399 depending on the size of the area treated. You will be given an accurate price using our sizing chart during your consultation.
- How does it work?– After a collagen induction therapy treatment your body will start to naturally regenerate and repair the skin, working below the surface in the dermis. New collagen is formed, new skin cells are generated and blood supply is enhanced after the treatment, however it can take up to 6 weeks before visible signs of regeneration and repair are seen. For the majority of Acne scars, 80% of improvements can be seen after just 2 treatments.
- How long does it last?-The process will continue over the following months, providing you with a natural and long lasting enhancement. This is your own collagen, so there is no need to wait for a product to break down, meaning the repair is permanent until your body breaks down collagen as it naturally would through aging.
- How will my skin look?– Initially the skin could look red for around 24 hours after the treatment, however for some people this could be less or it could be more depending on how sensitive your skin is. The skin may become dry and tight shortly after the treatment, this is a completely normal reaction and we are able to provide specialist skin repair cream to help with this. After this, the skin will look brighter and more vibrant, then approximately six weeks later the regeneration and repair process starts to tighten the skin and reduce hyper pigmentation.
- How many treatments will I need for stretch mark removal? – The number of treatments required will depend on the type of acne scar and its severity. We recommend a course of 3 to 6 treatments as a minimum to achieve maximum results and more even, smoother skin.
Stretch marks are often the result of the rapid stretching of the skin associated with rapid growth or rapid weight changes. Stretch marks may also be influenced by hormonal changes associated with puberty, pregnancy, muscle building, hormone replacement therapy, etc. They typically start off red or purple, which is the most effective time to treat the stretch mark for removal as they respond best to any type of procedure whether it be laser treatment, bio oil or what we believe to be the best treatment for stretch marks collagen induction therapy.
Medical terminology for these kinds of markings includes striae atrophicae, vergetures, stria distensae, striae cutis distensae, striae gravidarum (in cases where it is caused by pregnancy), lineae atrophicae, linea albicante, or simply striae.
Atrophic scars that are sunken in appearance on the skin’s surface. They must be corrected by breaking up the subcutaneous fibrous bands and to stimulate the firboblasts that create new collagen fibres. Some people regard stretchmark’s as scars.
- Creams – Can marginally improve superficial stretch marks and the skins texture however these will not help with more severe stretch marks.
- Laser Resurfacing – Removes the top layers of skin. Down time can take 2 to 4 weeks. Only suitable for skin types I to III due the high risk of post inflammatory hyper pigmentation with skin types IV to VI.
- Stretch Mark Removal
- Stretch Mark Removal