Rejuvenate Your Skin and Fight Anti Aging with Dermapen
The treatment itself using “Dermapen” to perform “Micro Needling”; this is where a series of needles penetrate the skin causing thousands of micro injuries at a perpendicular angle using a specialist medical device, for both faster and more precise needle penetration. The benefit of a perpendicular treatment over angled needles, means less trauma to the skin, promoting faster healing times and shorter down times. We offer our skin rejuvenation treatments from our four Skin Clinics in Bristol, Cardiff, Cheltenham.
Where this treatment excels is you can achieve great results to include:
- Wrinkle reduction
- Tightening of the skin
- Reduce sun damage
- Improvement in skin tone
- Reduce large facial pores
- A general vibrant look
All for a fraction of the cost, of invasive cosmetic surgery (surgery often starts upwards of £5,000). You don’t need to stay at home for over a week like with laser treatments to recover and you are even able to resume normal activities the same day (if you don’t mind people seeing you with a slightly red face for 24 hours!). It gets even better as well, it doesn’t hurt due to the very effective topical anaesthetic we apply prior to all treatments. Plus the look is very natural, YOU – just a few years earlier and not a frozen look in sight!
The treatment time depends on the size of the acne scars to be removed and can take up to 75 minutes for a full face scar treatment, larger areas such as acne scarring on the back, shoulders and chest may take longer. All clients have a full review of their medical history prior to undergoing any treatments to check for suitability. The treatment involves:
- Cleansing the skin.
- Applying a topical anaesthetic for 30 minutes
- Removing the anaesthetic and sterilising the skin.
- Applying the specialist machine over the area to be treated.
- Applying a soothing cream
- Applying sunblock SPF 50+
After all of the above we will then provide you with our specialist after care instructions and advise on take home skin care products.
- Is it safe?– Yes, before all treatments we conduct a thorough assessment and review of your medical history. If we feel you are at high risk of any side effects that could occur during or after the treatment, don’t worry, as we will let you know beforehand.
- Does it hurt?– No, we use topical anaesthetics that are very effective when applied for the correct length of time.
- How long does it take?– You will need to allocate around 90 minutes to allow time for both the topical anaesthetic and the treatment itself. You will be given a good indication of time your treatment will take during your consultation.
- How much does it cost?– From £399 depending on the size of the area treated. You will be given an accurate price using our sizing chart during your consultation.
- How does it work?– After a collagen induction therapy treatment your body will start to naturally regenerate and repair the skin, working below the surface in the dermis. New collagen is formed, new skin cells are generated and blood supply is enhanced after the treatment, however it can take up to 6 weeks before visible signs of regeneration and repair are seen. For the majority of Acne scars, 80% of improvements can be seen after just 2 treatments.
- How long does it last?-The process will continue over the following months, providing you with a natural and long lasting enhancement. This is your own collagen, so there is no need to wait for a product to break down, meaning the repair is permanent until your body breaks down collagen as it naturally would through aging.
- How will my skin look?– Initially the skin could look red for around 24 hours after the treatment, however for some people this could be less or it could be more depending on how sensitive your skin is. The skin may become dry and tight shortly after the treatment, this is a completely normal reaction and we are able to provide specialist skin repair cream to help with this. After this, the skin will look brighter and more vibrant, then approximately six weeks later the regeneration and repair process starts to tighten the skin and reduce hyper pigmentation.
- How many treatments will I need for rejuvinated skin? – The number of treatments required will depend on the type of acne scar and its severity. We recommend a course of 3 to 6 treatments as a minimum to achieve maximum results and more even, smoother skin.
|Group||Classification||Typical Age||Description||Skin Characteristics|
|1||Mild||28-35||No Wrinkles||Early Photoaging: mild pigment changes, no keratosis, minimal wrinkles, minimal or no makeup|
|2||Moderate||35-50||Wrinkles in motion||Early to Moderate Photoaging: Early brown spots visible, keratosis palpable but not visible, parallel smile lines begin to appear, wears some foundation|
|3||Advanced||50-65||Wrinkles at rest||Advanced Photoaging: Obvious discolourations, visible capillaries (telangiectasias), visible keratosis, wears heavier foundation always|
|5||Severe||60-75||Only wrinkles||Severe Photoaging: Yellow-grey skin colour, prior skin malignancies, wrinkles throughout – no normal skin, cannot wear makeup because it cakes and cracks|
- Creams With the continued advancements in medical research, modern anti-ageing creams just keep getting better and better! While they can never match the skin rejuvenation possible with collagen induction therapy, they play an important part in your skin care regime.
- Chemical Peels Help smooth the skin surface by removing the top layers of the skin. However only a deep peel will get close to the results possible with collagen induction skin rejuvenation. Such deep chemical peels however require more down time, sometimes up to 10 days, several treatments and sometimes several courses will be needed depending on the severity of the scars. These are also not suitable for darker skin types (IV to VI).
- Laser Resurfacing Laser treatment for acne scars removes the top layers of skin. Down time can take 2 to 4 weeks. This treatment is only suitable for skin types I to III due to the high risk of post inflammatory hyper pigmentation which can occur for skin types IV to VI.
- Dermal filler Injectable fillers can help get an excellent result however if not performed correctly can leave the patient looking uneven with lumps in the wrong places! More importantly this is only a temporary measure lasting typically 3 – 9 months and never permanent.
- Botox/Anti-Wrinkle Injections A very effective treatment at reducing the appearance of wrinkles however a quite a few significant draw backs. Side effects of swelling, tenderness, itching and headaches are normal. As with all injections there is the risk of infection. Botulinum Toxin carries the risk of a droop. Due to the facial muscle being temporary inhibited you are often left with a rather emotionless frozen face, which we feel is most certainly not natural looking! On top of this, why Botox becomes so addictive is that often patients wake up 3 – 9 months post treatment and the effects have quite literally worn off over night! Collagen Induction therapy therefore is a fantastic alternative to Botox for those wanting a natural yet effective skin rejuvenation treatment.
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Skin Rejuvenation